Saturday 11 December 2010

Is Love Just Chemicals?

The thought of love being physically, a cocktail of chemicals is only depressing when you use the term 'just chemicals' as if chemicals were less than us as whole even though we are made up of them. Do you see where I'm getting at? Thinking chemicals are less than us as a whole is absurd because we are made up of chemicals one way or another. I believe love and every other emotion is only possible because of chemicals but that doesn't mean I'm going to ruin a romantic evening with my partner when she tells me she loves me by responding to her saying "it's just the chemicals talking" Don't be silly, the chemicals are always talking, and it's way easier to say "I love you too, honey" which is, in a way, what the chemicals want you to say. XD

Source(s):

Mind Wide Open by Steven Johnson. He even has a chapter titled "It's the Hormones Talking"

No comments: