Saturday 4 December 2010

Got the Ipod Touch 4 (Unboxing)

I got my new Ipod Touch a day today instead of Monday! By chance, I went on the Amazon website to check the status of my package and found that my package was here in town. I called the postal service and sure as hell my Ipod Touch was waiting for me to pick it up. I put on a coat, got on my bike, and flew to the postal office.

I've been playing with it for about an hour now. I'm already disappointed by a couple of Ipod Touch's aspects, but It'll be a couple of days until I'm sure what I like and what I don't like about the Ipod Touch 4. I've never had an Ipod Touch so I don't think I have anything to compare it to besides maybe my Acer netbook and my dad's Blackberry.

If you actually wanted to know about the packaging,

The Ipod Touch case that you would see at the Apple Store is a crystal clear casing. On the top and bottom (both shorter sides of the ipod) there is a tape to keep the clear casing closed. I have to peel the tape to get the casing open. Peeling the tape was not too hard but I did have to use some pliers off my swiss army knife.

I finally got the crystal casing open, and the Ipod is strapped with a light film of sticker-like plastic to a square of the same material that the casing is made out of. You have to take the Ipod, attached to the piece of plastic, out of the case and then undo the strap in the back. I wonder how much money went into the making of slits for the piece of plastic. I'll have to take pics so you can grasp what I'm talking about. I'll save that for a Ipod Touch (packaging) post.

No comments: