Thursday 2 April 2009

Going to the Movies

Some classmates invited me to go to the movies today to see some movie I could do without. I want to go but not for the movie. I just want to go to see my classmates again and socialize with them for a while. One of my classmates said we would be watching Slumdog Millionaire, and I don't care much for a movie about romance unless I'm with my girlfriend. I hope they were just joking about the movie choice in case I do change my mind about going to the movies.

The main reason I don't want to go is because of the expense. Costs 4 dollars to see a movie here, and I know if you're from the States or Canada you're probably thinking "That's so cheap! I'd go if I were you!" Sure, it's cheap but you can do many other useful things with 4 dollars than watch a movie. Just yesterday I spent 43 dollars on getting an application sent to University of Central Florida by Fed Ex. I think of the 4 dollars I would have spent going to a movie as a fraction of the 43 dollars I spent yesterday.

No comments: