Saturday 13 September 2008

What Books Changed Me?

Have you ever read a book that made you change the way you think about certain things? What was it?



This is a tough question to answer. I think the answer would be the fusion of the the two books above: "Dangerous Passion: Why Jealousy Is As Necessary As Love and Sex" and "Mind Wide Open". These two books really enlightened me on the topics of human emotion and nature. I think the main reason these books changed the way I thought was because finally I discovered explanations for emotions that I never knew existed before. I'm not totally sure that my becoming an atheist was a result of these books, but they might just be what changed me. The cruel of human nature and the material of human emotion left no room for gods in my open mind. Honestly, I haven't read the these two books in a while, and I'm sure reading them again will feel as I feel playing Final Fantasy IX again after so long - having those "I don't remember this happening." moments. Re-reading those books is my future goal.

I just answered this Featured Question; you can answer it too!

No comments: